‘Muslims’ role in freedom struggle underplayed’
Hyderabad: The role of Muslims in India`s freedom struggle has not been portrayed properly in history books, feels Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Addressing a public meeting organised by Jamiat Ulama-I-Hind as a part of its second state-level meet here last night, he said though Muslims were not behind others in the fight for independence, the facts had not been properly highlighted
in history books and text books.
Jamiat had called for non-cooperation against the British in 1920, and was also against the Partition, he noted.
Speaking on the occasion, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said a training centre would be set up in the Haj House which will come up near the international airport here for providing coaching to Muslim youth for civil
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical