Muzaffarnagar riots a warning bell: CPI (M)
New Delhi: Expressing concern over growing communal incidents in different parts of the country, CPI(M) on Friday asked the government to be alert during the upcoming festive season and take all steps to "nip the mischief in the bud" wherever it occurred.
Terming the Muzaffarnagar incidents as "a warning bell", the party said every effort should be made to isolate the communal outfits to whichever community they belong.
"There must be a united effort by democratic, secular and Left parties to expose the designs of the RSS-BJP combine," senior CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said in an editorial in the latest issue of party organ `People`s Democracy`.
Asking the Centre and state administrations to be "alert to take precautionary measures and nip the mischief in the bud wherever it occurs," he said while the failure of the Uttar Pradesh administration has to be pinpointed for Muzaffarnagar violence, "the overall design and the political game-plan of the RSS-BJP combine should not be overlooked."
He said four BJP MLAs have been charged with inciting the people, with one of them accused of uploading a fake video, which was actually shot in Pakistan, purporting to show Muslims killing Hindus.
Observing that RSS was "directing" BJP for the 2014 polls, he said this was clear from the September 8-9 conclave of RSS and its frontal outfits in Delhi to work out the strategy for these polls. The meeting was attended by all BJP leaders including Rajnath Singh, L K Advani and Narendra Modi.
"As per the RSS directive, BJP is set to announce Modi as its prime ministerial candidate," Yechury said.
Maintaining that there was a "notable rise" in communal incidents in different parts of the country in the last few months, he referred to those in Kisthwar in Jammu, Nawada and Bettiah in Bihar where the RSS-BJP was "the aggressive party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre