Muzaffarnagar violence: BSP, RLD blame SP, BJP
New Delhi: BSP chief Mayawati and RLD leader Ajit Singh on Monday blamed ruling SP, and BJP for the violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas of Uttar Pradesh saying the two were advancing their political interests by polarising voters.
They also demanded imposition of President`s rule in the state as the toll in the violence crossed 30.
"One can see the hands of BJP and SP behind this. Lok Sabha polls are near and both the parties want to give a communal colour to the polls...It is their political gameplan," Mayawati said here.
Union Minister and RLD supremo Ajit Singh, who was detained while entering the riot-hit areas today, said BJP wants polarisation of votes, and "so does SP".
"Both think they will gain...Why did BJP send (Amit) Shah to UP - first to Ayodhya and then Mathura," questioned Singh whose party is a UPA ally.
Mayawati said both the parties are hand-in-gloves to further their political interests ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"They wanted to disturb the communal fabric of not only the state but the entire country under the garb of (VHP`s) 84 kosi yatra. But people have seen through their political gameplan which stands exposed," the BSP leader said.
Ajit Singh said since the Akhilesh Yadav government has little to show in terms of development during its rule, it is using the communal divide to get votes in the general elections.
"It is because Samajwadi Party fears the voters` ire against the government`s non-performance that they have resorted to communalising the region," he said.
Both claimed that since the SP came to power in UP, the state has witnessed 100 cases of communal riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it
- Sonam Kapoor supports women entrepreneurs' exhibition
- Beware, it's a scam! Xiaomi Redmi 3S 32GB at just Rs 599 on Amazon
- REVEALED: Pullela Gopichand's mother's SECRET advice which motivated PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth in Rio