Muzaffarnagar violence: Centre holds emergency meet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Concerned over violence in Muzaffarnagar, government on Monday held an emergency meeting to take stock of the law and order situation.
To assess the situation, Cabinet Secretary today met Home Secretary and Director of Intelligence Bureau to decide on the steps needed to be taken to control the deteriorating situation in some parts of Uttar Pradesh.
Meanwhile, the death toll in the violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas mounted to 31.
With the situation still tense in Muzaffarnagar, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday held a meeting with Uttar Prdaesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior officers to take stock of the situation.
Yadav sought to know from the officers why the situation could not be controlled yet and the measures taken for maintaining law and order in Muzaffarnagar.
The meeting holds significance after Governor BL Joshi`s report to the Centre in which he gave details of the incident and also lapses on part of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah