My daughter is innocent: Sadhvi Pragya`s mother
Mumbai: Mother of Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur, prime accused in the September 2008 Malegaon blast
case on Tuesday said that her daughter had been "falsely
implicated" and was "innocent".
"My daughter cannot even kill a worm and this is not
what is taught to her. She cannot not commit any such act,"
Sarla Devi, who came to meet her daughter at the women`s jail
in Byculla here, told reporters.
"The Congress government has put her in jail. Why was
my daughter subjected to such hardships?," she asked.
While speaking to reporters here, Sarla Devi also said
that even though her daughter was unwell, the government is
not doing anything.
"Maharashtra government is not doing anything (for the
treatment)," she said.
"I have written a letter to the President and the
National Human Rights Commission. But I have not got any reply
so far," she added.
Twelve persons, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur
and Lt Col Prasad Purohit, were arrested for carrying out
blast at Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons
and injuring 100 others.
The accused have been booked under the stringent
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides the Indian Penal
The trial is yet to commence, as some of the accused
have challenged the invocation of MCOCA in the case before the
Supreme Court, which is pending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal