My daughter is innocent: Sadhvi Pragya`s mother
Mumbai: Mother of Sadhvi Pragya Singh
Thakur, prime accused in the September 2008 Malegaon blast
case on Tuesday said that her daughter had been "falsely
implicated" and was "innocent".
"My daughter cannot even kill a worm and this is not
what is taught to her. She cannot not commit any such act,"
Sarla Devi, who came to meet her daughter at the women`s jail
in Byculla here, told reporters.
"The Congress government has put her in jail. Why was
my daughter subjected to such hardships?," she asked.
While speaking to reporters here, Sarla Devi also said
that even though her daughter was unwell, the government is
not doing anything.
"Maharashtra government is not doing anything (for the
treatment)," she said.
"I have written a letter to the President and the
National Human Rights Commission. But I have not got any reply
so far," she added.
Twelve persons, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur
and Lt Col Prasad Purohit, were arrested for carrying out
blast at Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons
and injuring 100 others.
The accused have been booked under the stringent
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides the Indian Penal
The trial is yet to commence, as some of the accused
have challenged the invocation of MCOCA in the case before the
Supreme Court, which is pending.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged