`My father will give new dimension to office of president`
New Delhi: Pranab Mukherjee`s daughter Sharmistha on Sunday said her father would give a new dimension to the office of president of India with his experience and his personal rapport with political leaders that cut across party lines.
"I think he has done justice to the offices he has held. He has fulfilled his duties and responsibilities to the best of his ability in whatever he has done. I`m sure he will give a new dimension to the office of the president of India," she told a TV channel.
"I think over all these years, he has developed excellent personal rapport - cutting across party lines. Whatever the opposition might say, but personally they hold him in high esteem. I think that definitely helps his stature... his ability to build consensus, all these things will definitely help," Sharmistha said.
The counting of votes for the Presidential election will begin at 11 a.m. Sunday and the result is likely to be out by 4 pm.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) looks confident of its candidate Pranab Mukherjee`s win by a huge margin, with major political parties supporting him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery