`My father will give new dimension to office of president`
New Delhi: Pranab Mukherjee`s daughter Sharmistha on Sunday said her father would give a new dimension to the office of president of India with his experience and his personal rapport with political leaders that cut across party lines.
"I think he has done justice to the offices he has held. He has fulfilled his duties and responsibilities to the best of his ability in whatever he has done. I`m sure he will give a new dimension to the office of the president of India," she told a TV channel.
"I think over all these years, he has developed excellent personal rapport - cutting across party lines. Whatever the opposition might say, but personally they hold him in high esteem. I think that definitely helps his stature... his ability to build consensus, all these things will definitely help," Sharmistha said.
The counting of votes for the Presidential election will begin at 11 a.m. Sunday and the result is likely to be out by 4 pm.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) looks confident of its candidate Pranab Mukherjee`s win by a huge margin, with major political parties supporting him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone