`My father will give new dimension to office of president`
New Delhi: Pranab Mukherjee`s daughter Sharmistha on Sunday said her father would give a new dimension to the office of president of India with his experience and his personal rapport with political leaders that cut across party lines.
"I think he has done justice to the offices he has held. He has fulfilled his duties and responsibilities to the best of his ability in whatever he has done. I`m sure he will give a new dimension to the office of the president of India," she told a TV channel.
"I think over all these years, he has developed excellent personal rapport - cutting across party lines. Whatever the opposition might say, but personally they hold him in high esteem. I think that definitely helps his stature... his ability to build consensus, all these things will definitely help," Sharmistha said.
The counting of votes for the Presidential election will begin at 11 a.m. Sunday and the result is likely to be out by 4 pm.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) looks confident of its candidate Pranab Mukherjee`s win by a huge margin, with major political parties supporting him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love