My life is in danger: Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Lucknow: Rita Bahuguna Joshi, the Congress chief in Uttar Pradesh whose house was set on fire following her remarks against Chief Minister Mayawati, Monday said there was a "grave threat to her security" and that her life was in danger.
"I have grave threat to my security and she (Mayawati) can plan attacks on me. My life is in danger now but I am not scared. I have lived a lot but I will continue to fight for the poor, the oppressed and for women`s rights," Joshi said at a press conference here.
Earlier in the day, Joshi had reiterated her demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the arson attack on her house.
The 60-year-old state Congress chief said she would continue her fight for the sake of truth.
"At any cost, I will not step back and will continue the fight to safeguard my principles and, of course, the truth."
Joshi`s house in Lucknow was set on fire Wednesday night allegedly by a group of BSP workers because she made remarks that offended Mayawati both as a woman and a Dalit.
Joshi was arrested early Thursday and charged under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act. She was granted bail by a Moradabad court Saturday.
Joshi has already apologised for her remarks and demanded that the probe into the arson attack on her house be conducted by the CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!