My life is in danger: Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Lucknow: Rita Bahuguna Joshi, the Congress chief in Uttar Pradesh whose house was set on fire following her remarks against Chief Minister Mayawati, Monday said there was a "grave threat to her security" and that her life was in danger.
"I have grave threat to my security and she (Mayawati) can plan attacks on me. My life is in danger now but I am not scared. I have lived a lot but I will continue to fight for the poor, the oppressed and for women`s rights," Joshi said at a press conference here.
Earlier in the day, Joshi had reiterated her demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the arson attack on her house.
The 60-year-old state Congress chief said she would continue her fight for the sake of truth.
"At any cost, I will not step back and will continue the fight to safeguard my principles and, of course, the truth."
Joshi`s house in Lucknow was set on fire Wednesday night allegedly by a group of BSP workers because she made remarks that offended Mayawati both as a woman and a Dalit.
Joshi was arrested early Thursday and charged under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act. She was granted bail by a Moradabad court Saturday.
Joshi has already apologised for her remarks and demanded that the probe into the arson attack on her house be conducted by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand