My name was planted in Bofors scam: Amitabh
Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan heaved a big sigh of relief after his name was cleared from the Bofors gun payoff scandal. Addressing a press conference here Bachchan welcomed the revelations made by the Swedish investigators in the Bofors case.
According to former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom, it has been confirmed that Amitabh Bachchan’s name was ‘planted’ by the Indian agencies in the Bofors case, the scandal that rocked the nation 25 years ago.
Breaking his silence, Amitabh said, “I am happy that the truth has emerged after twenty five years.”
On being asked how does it feel to be vindicated after such a long time, he said, “From the very first day we have maintained that we were innocent. For 25 years I as well as my family bore the brunt of the scandal of which we were never a part of.”
He added, “Wish this revelation came much earlier as I have lived with humiliation. My father once asked if I was really involved in the scandal. I wish this disclosure would have happened when he was alive.”
Bachchan said that no one would be able to understand or fathom what he had to go through.
Earlier in his blog, Big B wrote, “I speak from personal experience and personal exoneration. 25 years after the incident, I read today from one that pioneered accusation and investigation, of innocence. Of the fault that never lay before me. Of one that remained and shall perhaps remain a darkened spot, blemished beyond all recognition, but in admittance of wrong doing against me. No one shall be able to understand or even remotely fathom, the hours and days and months and years of the anguish of petulant blame, that I had to go through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why