My name was planted in Bofors scam: Amitabh
Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan heaved a big sigh of relief after his name was cleared from the Bofors gun payoff scandal. Addressing a press conference here Bachchan welcomed the revelations made by the Swedish investigators in the Bofors case.
According to former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom, it has been confirmed that Amitabh Bachchan’s name was ‘planted’ by the Indian agencies in the Bofors case, the scandal that rocked the nation 25 years ago.
Breaking his silence, Amitabh said, “I am happy that the truth has emerged after twenty five years.”
On being asked how does it feel to be vindicated after such a long time, he said, “From the very first day we have maintained that we were innocent. For 25 years I as well as my family bore the brunt of the scandal of which we were never a part of.”
He added, “Wish this revelation came much earlier as I have lived with humiliation. My father once asked if I was really involved in the scandal. I wish this disclosure would have happened when he was alive.”
Bachchan said that no one would be able to understand or fathom what he had to go through.
Earlier in his blog, Big B wrote, “I speak from personal experience and personal exoneration. 25 years after the incident, I read today from one that pioneered accusation and investigation, of innocence. Of the fault that never lay before me. Of one that remained and shall perhaps remain a darkened spot, blemished beyond all recognition, but in admittance of wrong doing against me. No one shall be able to understand or even remotely fathom, the hours and days and months and years of the anguish of petulant blame, that I had to go through.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know