My name was planted in Bofors scam: Amitabh

Last Updated: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 22:18

Zeenews Bureau

Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan heaved a big sigh of relief after his name was cleared from the Bofors gun payoff scandal. Addressing a press conference here Bachchan welcomed the revelations made by the Swedish investigators in the Bofors case.

According to former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom, it has been confirmed that Amitabh Bachchan’s name was ‘planted’ by the Indian agencies in the Bofors case, the scandal that rocked the nation 25 years ago.

Breaking his silence, Amitabh said, “I am happy that the truth has emerged after twenty five years.”

On being asked how does it feel to be vindicated after such a long time, he said, “From the very first day we have maintained that we were innocent. For 25 years I as well as my family bore the brunt of the scandal of which we were never a part of.”
He added, “Wish this revelation came much earlier as I have lived with humiliation. My father once asked if I was really involved in the scandal. I wish this disclosure would have happened when he was alive.”

Bachchan said that no one would be able to understand or fathom what he had to go through.
Earlier in his blog, Big B wrote, “I speak from personal experience and personal exoneration. 25 years after the incident, I read today from one that pioneered accusation and investigation, of innocence. Of the fault that never lay before me. Of one that remained and shall perhaps remain a darkened spot, blemished beyond all recognition, but in admittance of wrong doing against me. No one shall be able to understand or even remotely fathom, the hours and days and months and years of the anguish of petulant blame, that I had to go through.



First Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 14:47

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus