Myanmarese poachers apprehended in Andamans
Port Blair: Twenty-six Myanmarese poachers were apprehended and two engine boats seized from near Paget island in North Andamans, the police said on Friday.
Superintendent of Police of North and Middle Andamans Karunakaran said that an anti-poaching party, headed by a sub- inspector and two civilians, last Wednesday gave a long chase to the poachers on two boats near the Paget island.
They were apprehended after warning shots were fired by the anti-poaching party.
At least 37 poachers of Burmese origin were apprehended during three anti-poaching operations in the last 10 days.
A total 252 poachers have been apprehended this year with 123 of them having been caught in September alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them