Myanmarese poachers apprehended in Andamans
Port Blair: Twenty-six Myanmarese poachers were apprehended and two engine boats seized from near Paget island in North Andamans, the police said on Friday.
Superintendent of Police of North and Middle Andamans Karunakaran said that an anti-poaching party, headed by a sub- inspector and two civilians, last Wednesday gave a long chase to the poachers on two boats near the Paget island.
They were apprehended after warning shots were fired by the anti-poaching party.
At least 37 poachers of Burmese origin were apprehended during three anti-poaching operations in the last 10 days.
A total 252 poachers have been apprehended this year with 123 of them having been caught in September alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report