Myanmarese poachers apprehended in Andamans
Port Blair: Twenty-six Myanmarese poachers were apprehended and two engine boats seized from near Paget island in North Andamans, the police said on Friday.
Superintendent of Police of North and Middle Andamans Karunakaran said that an anti-poaching party, headed by a sub- inspector and two civilians, last Wednesday gave a long chase to the poachers on two boats near the Paget island.
They were apprehended after warning shots were fired by the anti-poaching party.
At least 37 poachers of Burmese origin were apprehended during three anti-poaching operations in the last 10 days.
A total 252 poachers have been apprehended this year with 123 of them having been caught in September alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore