Myanmarese poachers apprehended in Andamans
Port Blair: Twenty-six Myanmarese poachers were apprehended and two engine boats seized from near Paget island in North Andamans, the police said on Friday.
Superintendent of Police of North and Middle Andamans Karunakaran said that an anti-poaching party, headed by a sub- inspector and two civilians, last Wednesday gave a long chase to the poachers on two boats near the Paget island.
They were apprehended after warning shots were fired by the anti-poaching party.
At least 37 poachers of Burmese origin were apprehended during three anti-poaching operations in the last 10 days.
A total 252 poachers have been apprehended this year with 123 of them having been caught in September alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record