Mystery over Sathya Sai’s casket
Puttaparthi: A day after Sathya Sai Baba was interred, questions are being raised about the actual time of his death as reports claimed, Thursday, that the casket in which the departed spiritual guru’s body was preserved for two days was ordered and delivered in first week of April , twenty days before his death at 7.40 am on April 24.
As per an email, details of which have been accessed by Zee News, a person named Rajendra Reddy had placed an order for freezer casket with a company called Kumar’s and asked for urgent delivery.
The recipient of the email Kumar Ashwath reverted back immediately with the photographs of the various caskets, asking for approval from Reddy.
The chosen casket was delivered to him as early as the next day on April 05.
However, Ashwath had no idea that about the casket’s intended use until he saw pictures of Sathya Sai Baba following his death.
Following the revelation, doubts are being raised on the exact date of death of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. If he died on April 24, then what was the need to order the casket as early as April 4 is the big question?
And whether people close to him kept the news of his death as secret for some reason?
The Sathya Sai trust has rubbished these suggestions and termed it as an attempt to defame the trust. Refusing to divulge any details, they only said that the casket was ordered by an ardent devotee of Sathya Sai Baba.
“We are aware that there are elements trying to defame the trust. However, the trust will not retaliate or go on giving clarifications. We presume that there are vested interests, because there have been activities that have tried to defame the trust. At the same time, we do not have names of persons or institutions engaged in these activities,” the trustees were reported as saying.
“Sai Baba had not taken the trust members into confidence while choosing his doctors. He himself chose the doctors and interacted with them. If people imagine things and see something which is not real, we cannot help it. We have no reason to believe that there was something wrong with Sai Baba before March 28,” they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi