MZP sends memorandum to President
Aizawl: Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students association on Friday submitted a memorandum of the North East Students Organisation (NESO) to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking his intervention in the attacks against the people of the North East in Delhi.
NESO urged the Centre to take effective measures by the appropriate authorities which could give mental, social and physical security to the students and people of the North Eastern region studying and residing in Delhi and other parts of India, the memorandum said.
The memorandum, narrating the attacks on north easterners said that on January 29, a student from Arunachal Pradesh Nido Taniam was beaten to death.
"We demand proper and swift high level enquiry of the incident and to give exemplary punishment to the people involved," it said.
Two women belonging to the Thangkhul Naga community were assaulted, while a minor girl from Manipur was raped at Munirka on February eight. Two Manipur boys were assaulted on February 10.
Such incidents of assault and molestation were happening on a frequent basis resulting in a feeling of insecurity, especially among women, the memorandum said.
The MZP leaders handed over the memorandum to state Governor Vakkom Purushothaman.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks