MZP sends memorandum to President
Aizawl: Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students association on Friday submitted a memorandum of the North East Students Organisation (NESO) to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking his intervention in the attacks against the people of the North East in Delhi.
NESO urged the Centre to take effective measures by the appropriate authorities which could give mental, social and physical security to the students and people of the North Eastern region studying and residing in Delhi and other parts of India, the memorandum said.
The memorandum, narrating the attacks on north easterners said that on January 29, a student from Arunachal Pradesh Nido Taniam was beaten to death.
"We demand proper and swift high level enquiry of the incident and to give exemplary punishment to the people involved," it said.
Two women belonging to the Thangkhul Naga community were assaulted, while a minor girl from Manipur was raped at Munirka on February eight. Two Manipur boys were assaulted on February 10.
Such incidents of assault and molestation were happening on a frequent basis resulting in a feeling of insecurity, especially among women, the memorandum said.
The MZP leaders handed over the memorandum to state Governor Vakkom Purushothaman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!