N D Tiwari refutes allegation in paternity suit against him
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader N D Tiwari
today refuted the allegation by a man claiming to be his
biological son born of a relationship with his mother and
rejected authenticity of all documentary and pictorial
evidence placed before the Delhi High Court.
The advocate, appearing for the 84-year-old leader,
rejected the authenticity of the documents and photographs
which allegedly reflected the relationship of the former
Andhra Pradesh Governor with the man`s mother.
Tiwari`s response came on a paternity suit filed by Rohit
Shekhar, grandson of a former union minister, claiming he was
born of a relationship between his mother and Tiwari.
Earlier, the leader had refused to undergo DNA test
and denied ever having any physical relationship with his
In an affidavit filed in the court, the veteran Congress
leader had hit back at the woman Ujjwala Sharma, who is also a
Congress leader, and her son Rohit saying "he did not have and
never had any physical relationship with her".
"The plaintiff (Rohit) is not entitled to seek a DNA test
as a matter of right. The same is contrary not only to law but
also to equity," he had said adding "to say that he developed
a liking for her(Ujjwala) and that after 8-10 years they
entered into a relationship is scandalous and defamatory."
"The plaintiff (Rohit) is not his son. The question of
acknowledging anything as alleged is denied. Every
allegation/insinuation is denied," he had said adding he was a
devoted husband during that period.
Tiwari had to resign as Governor of Andhra Pradesh after
he was purportedly shown in a sting operation to be in a
compromising position with three women.
Earlier, the High Court had dismissed Tiwari`s plea for
dismissal of the petition on the ground that it was filed 31
years after the petitioner was born in order to malign his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?