NAC for increase in state spending on health
New Delhi: The National Advisory Council (NAC) on Friday recommended sustained increase in state spending on health and setting up of an over arching regulator to ensure that quality healthcare is provided by public and private entities.
The NAC, at a meeting chaired by Sonia Gandhi, also suggested greater focus on urban health with decentralised planning by the urban local bodies and promotion of community action for better outreach and health information and education.
"The key recommendations include sustained increases in public spending of health, greater flexibility in spending on health to State Governments and setting up of Incentive Fund by the central government to encourage States," a NAC release said.
It said the Centre and the Planning Commission should encourage states to examine various options and pilot urban health centre models that are closely monitored and evaluated for effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
The NAC also recommended creating enabling environment for protection and promotion of rights of particularly vulnerable tribal groups (PVTG).
It also suggested evolving strategies for sustainable livelihoods and education status, improved service delivery mechanism for such groups with a single window approach.
"The recommendations advocate for a participatory approach to development for PVTG`s and developing vulnerability index of each PVTGs in addition to a separate Census for their effective enumeration," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31