NAC not to go into Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia
Gandhi-led National Advisory Council (NAC) will not go into
the Lokpal Bill.
The NAC said that its Working Group on Transparency,
Accountancy and Governance will not be dealing with this
subject "for the present in order to avoid duplicacy."
A decision to this effect has been taken "in view of
the constitution of the Joint Committee comprising of Group of
Ministers (GoM) and Civil Society representatives for drafting
of Lokpal Bill in a time bound manner by the Government", the
NAC said in a press release.
However, the Working Group will continue to deliberate
upon reforms for bringing accountability and transparency in
governance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH