NAC not to go into Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia
Gandhi-led National Advisory Council (NAC) will not go into
the Lokpal Bill.
The NAC said that its Working Group on Transparency,
Accountancy and Governance will not be dealing with this
subject "for the present in order to avoid duplicacy."
A decision to this effect has been taken "in view of
the constitution of the Joint Committee comprising of Group of
Ministers (GoM) and Civil Society representatives for drafting
of Lokpal Bill in a time bound manner by the Government", the
NAC said in a press release.
However, the Working Group will continue to deliberate
upon reforms for bringing accountability and transparency in
governance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3