NAC not to go into Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia
Gandhi-led National Advisory Council (NAC) will not go into
the Lokpal Bill.
The NAC said that its Working Group on Transparency,
Accountancy and Governance will not be dealing with this
subject "for the present in order to avoid duplicacy."
A decision to this effect has been taken "in view of
the constitution of the Joint Committee comprising of Group of
Ministers (GoM) and Civil Society representatives for drafting
of Lokpal Bill in a time bound manner by the Government", the
NAC said in a press release.
However, the Working Group will continue to deliberate
upon reforms for bringing accountability and transparency in
governance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA