NAC not to go into Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia
Gandhi-led National Advisory Council (NAC) will not go into
the Lokpal Bill.
The NAC said that its Working Group on Transparency,
Accountancy and Governance will not be dealing with this
subject "for the present in order to avoid duplicacy."
A decision to this effect has been taken "in view of
the constitution of the Joint Committee comprising of Group of
Ministers (GoM) and Civil Society representatives for drafting
of Lokpal Bill in a time bound manner by the Government", the
NAC said in a press release.
However, the Working Group will continue to deliberate
upon reforms for bringing accountability and transparency in
governance, it said.
- Bangladesh PM a jihadi sympathizer, says Taslima Nasreen after editor hacked to death
- Anurag Thakur presents private member bill on sports in Lok Sabha, seeks to eliminate doping practices, match fixing
- Modi govt revises EPF interest rate again; hikes it to 8.8%
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!