NAC suggests Dalit sub-Plan to monitor schemes
New Delhi: The Sonia Gandhi-led National
Advisory Council has asked the Centre to enact a law to
monitor government schemes under a special Dalit sub-plan
proposed by it.
The advisory panel, in its draft recommendations on
SC sub-Plan, has suggested that the Planning Commission set
aside a portion of the plan outlays of Centre and states
equivalent to the proportion of SCs in the population at the
national and state level.
These funds, set apart before plan outlays are allocated
to any ministry, would form part of the Scheduled Caste Sub
Plan (SCSP), said the recommendations of the NAC Working Group
on Dalit Issues co-chaired by Harsh Mander and Farah Naqvi.
"The SCSP set apart as above is not meant to be parked
with any ministry, but needs to be allocated to the
ministries and departments for implementing such schemes which
are directly benefiting SC individuals, households or SC
localities," it said.
The working group has asked the Centre to pass an enabling
law to monitor the schemes undertaken by the special Dalit
plan, track the amounts spent and facilitate social auditing.
It said schemes like boarding schools for Dalit boys and
girls must be implemented in villages, towns and cities.
The working group also called for reforms in the
pre-matric and post-matric scholarship schemes of the Centre
to extend support to all students belonging to scheduled
caste, except those excluded on well-defined criteria.
"The quantum of support should enable the students to
access quality education either in public or private sector,"
the working group said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM