Naga Hoho displeased with Centre`s interlocutor
Kohima: Expressing displeasure over the appointment of RN Ravi, a retired Special Director of IB, as the Centre`s new interlocutor for negotiations with NSCN(IM), an apex body of the different tribes in Nagaland, has appealed to the Union government to replace him with someone from non-military background.
"While yearning for peace in our land, Naga Hoho is seething with multiple questions and tension over the appointment of R N Ravi, a retired Special Director of IB as the Centre`s interlocutor for political negotiations with Naga political groups," Naga Hoho today said in a release issued by its communication cell.
Naga Hoho said it feels that at this point of time Nagaland needs a neutral interlocutor without any prejudices It said that Ravi`s article `Nagaland: decent into chaos` which was carried by newspapers on January 23, "has clearly affirmed his bent of mind and his preset notions of different Naga underground groups".
The Naga body strongly felt that "such a person will never strive to bring political settlement, rather sacrifice the hard earned ongoing peace process by using its mighty Indian forces which have always been advocated by different Indian Intelligence agencies."
In this backdrop, Naga Hoho appealed to Centre and its leaders to seriously ponder on this matter and appoint another interlocutor who does not possess military or IB background and care for the Naga people in particular and the people of North-East in general.
Pointing out that the Centre has also recognised the Indo- Naga political problem as `a political issue` and not as `law and order` problem, the apex Naga organisation rued that despite various steps taken mutually by both government of India and Naga political groups through political dialogue, Centre has wasted the last 17 years without bringing out any tangible solution to the protracted Indo-Naga political problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat