Nagaland among six poll expenditure sensitive states: EC
Kohima: Nagaland is among the six `Election Expenditure Sensitive` states as per the data of the previous elections.
"Nagaland along with Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Punjab and Arunachal Pradesh has been categorized as Election Expenditure-Sensitive state", Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi told reporters here Wednesday evening.
Considering the categorisation, the Commission will deploy Expenditure Monitoring Team from the day of filing of nominations till the polling is over, he said.
Flying squads, video surveillance team as well as parallel election expenditure accounts would be put in place throughout the state so that the elections are held without the use of money or muscle power, he said.
Expressing satisfaction over the preparedness of Nagaland for the ensuing Lok Sabha polls, he said all political parties had requested Election Commission to ensure that the voters received their EPIC.
Nagaland is the last state to have started distribution of EPIC, but Nagaland and Assam will be the first states in the country to use plastic EPIC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere