Nagaland among six poll expenditure sensitive states: EC
Kohima: Nagaland is among the six `Election Expenditure Sensitive` states as per the data of the previous elections.
"Nagaland along with Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Punjab and Arunachal Pradesh has been categorized as Election Expenditure-Sensitive state", Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi told reporters here Wednesday evening.
Considering the categorisation, the Commission will deploy Expenditure Monitoring Team from the day of filing of nominations till the polling is over, he said.
Flying squads, video surveillance team as well as parallel election expenditure accounts would be put in place throughout the state so that the elections are held without the use of money or muscle power, he said.
Expressing satisfaction over the preparedness of Nagaland for the ensuing Lok Sabha polls, he said all political parties had requested Election Commission to ensure that the voters received their EPIC.
Nagaland is the last state to have started distribution of EPIC, but Nagaland and Assam will be the first states in the country to use plastic EPIC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report