Naidu slams Sonia`s remarks on communal violence
New Delhi: Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi over her remarks on spike in communal violence after BJP came to power, Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday asked the party to "introspect" before making such "baseless allegations".
"Congress and communalism go hand and hand. It is the Congress party`s divisive politics and communal agenda which has brought the country to this state," the senior BJP leader said.
"That is why Congress has suffered a major setback in the recent elections and they should introspect. Stop such baseless allegations," he told reporters outside Parliament when asked for his reaction on the Congress President`s charge.
Addressing a special convention organised by the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) in Thiruvananthapuram, Gandhi said there has been an increase in communal violence in the country since BJP came to power and alleged this was part of a "deliberate" attempt to divide the people.
Apparently referring to the recent incidents of communal clashes in Uttar Pradesh, Naidu said Gandhi should also take up the issue with Samajwadi Party government which had supported it at the Centre for the last 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH