Nair given adequate chance to explain: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair was given a "due and adequate chance" by a high-level panel to put forth his views on the action taken against him in connection with irregularities in the Antrix-Devas deal.
A High Level Team (HLT) chaired by former Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha had provided opportunity for personal hearing to Nair, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy said in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.
"Further, the former Chairman of ISRO followed it up with a letter to Chairman HLT, on August 10, 2011," he said.
Besides Sinha, Secretaries of the Departments of Space(K Radhakrishnan), Telecommunication (R Chandrashekhar) and Expenditure (Sumit Bose) were members of the HLT.
The HLT had sought detailed clarifications from all officers who at any point in time had dealt with the files concerning the Antrix-Devas agreement and the decision on the satellites, the minister said.
"Based on the findings of the High Level Team, the former ISRO Chairman and three other former scientists (who were already superannuated from service) of the Department of Space have been excluded from re-employment, committee roles or any other important role under the Government and have been divested of any current assignment/consultancy with the government," Narayanasamy said.
"As elaborated above, the former scientists concerned of ISRO have been given due and adequate chance to explain their position by the High Level Team before taking action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand