Nair given adequate chance to explain: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair was given a "due and adequate chance" by a high-level panel to put forth his views on the action taken against him in connection with irregularities in the Antrix-Devas deal.
A High Level Team (HLT) chaired by former Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha had provided opportunity for personal hearing to Nair, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy said in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.
"Further, the former Chairman of ISRO followed it up with a letter to Chairman HLT, on August 10, 2011," he said.
Besides Sinha, Secretaries of the Departments of Space(K Radhakrishnan), Telecommunication (R Chandrashekhar) and Expenditure (Sumit Bose) were members of the HLT.
The HLT had sought detailed clarifications from all officers who at any point in time had dealt with the files concerning the Antrix-Devas agreement and the decision on the satellites, the minister said.
"Based on the findings of the High Level Team, the former ISRO Chairman and three other former scientists (who were already superannuated from service) of the Department of Space have been excluded from re-employment, committee roles or any other important role under the Government and have been divested of any current assignment/consultancy with the government," Narayanasamy said.
"As elaborated above, the former scientists concerned of ISRO have been given due and adequate chance to explain their position by the High Level Team before taking action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'