Nair given adequate chance to explain: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair was given a "due and adequate chance" by a high-level panel to put forth his views on the action taken against him in connection with irregularities in the Antrix-Devas deal.
A High Level Team (HLT) chaired by former Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pratyush Sinha had provided opportunity for personal hearing to Nair, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy said in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.
"Further, the former Chairman of ISRO followed it up with a letter to Chairman HLT, on August 10, 2011," he said.
Besides Sinha, Secretaries of the Departments of Space(K Radhakrishnan), Telecommunication (R Chandrashekhar) and Expenditure (Sumit Bose) were members of the HLT.
The HLT had sought detailed clarifications from all officers who at any point in time had dealt with the files concerning the Antrix-Devas agreement and the decision on the satellites, the minister said.
"Based on the findings of the High Level Team, the former ISRO Chairman and three other former scientists (who were already superannuated from service) of the Department of Space have been excluded from re-employment, committee roles or any other important role under the Government and have been divested of any current assignment/consultancy with the government," Narayanasamy said.
"As elaborated above, the former scientists concerned of ISRO have been given due and adequate chance to explain their position by the High Level Team before taking action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead