Nair`s allegations should be probed: Pillai
Kozhikode: Former ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair`s allegations on the possibility of an international conspiracy in raking up a controversy over the Antrix-Devas deal
targetting top scientists of the country, needs to be seriously probed, former BJP Kerala unit President, P S Sreedharan Pillai on Saturday said.
Centre had not disclosed the details of the deal and also details of the probe conducted, Pillai charged.
Addressing a press conference here, Pillai alleged that the Central government was trying to escape by making the scientists scapegoats in the Devas deal.
He alleged that both Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former union minister concerned with the department Prithviraj Chauhan, were keeping silent on the issue.
A comprehensive probe needs to be conducted on the issue to bring out all facts before the people. It was unfortunate that both the ruling UDF and the opposition LDF in Kerala were keeping silent over the issue, he said.
On BJP`s chances in the March 17 Piravom bye-election, Pillai said his party was very much active in the election field and expected to perform very well. People are disgusted with both UDF and LDF, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional