NALCO graft case : JC of Srivastava and four others extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday extended by
14 days the judicial custody of former NALCO CMD Abhay Kumar Srivastava and four others who were arrested for their alleged
involvement in a bribery case.
"All the five accused are remanded to judicial custody
till April 19," Special CBI Judge O P Saini said.
The court extended the judicial custody of the accused
after CBI said the investigation is going on in the case.
CBI had earlier said the alleged conduit B L Bajaj had
admitted that he was acting as a middleman and collected
illegal gratification from G S Bhatia, Chairman of Bhatia
Group of Industries, which ultimately reached A K Srivastava
through Ratan Pal Singh Bhatia, one of the accused in the
CBI had earlier informed the court that NBWs issued
against G S Bhatia and Jaswinder Singh, who are evading
arrest, have not been executed despite its efforts.
Four accused A K Srivatava, his wife Chandani
Srivastava, B L Bajaj and his wife Anita Bajaj were arrested
on February 25 after CBI recovered about 10 kg of gold bricks
and jewellery valued at around Rs 2.13 crores as also Rs 30
lakh in cash from their possession. Singh was arrested on
The NALCO CMD was allegedly given the bribe by private
firm Bhatia groups of industries to secure lucrative
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!