Namdhari was Ponty’s guest days before killings
New Delhi: Sacked Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari was liquor baron Ponty Chandha’s guest for two days before the fatal shootout took place at the latter’s Chhattarpur farmhouse in which the businessman was killed along with his brother Hardeep, it has been reportedly revealed during the former’s interrogation.
Namdhari was asked by Ponty Chadha to come along with his aides after he saw the ‘For Sale’ signboards on the two Delhi farm houses, which were put up by his brother Hardeep Chadha, investigators said, as per a report in The Times of India.
Hardeep’s private security guard Subodh Tyagi and driver Kaushal, a witness to the incident, are being questioned by the Crime Branch. Kaushal reportedly heard the gunshots while he was parking the car after dropping Hardeep at the farmhouse.
Namdhari has been named as the main conspirator in the shootout and the court has sent him to police custody after he was arrested. Witnesses including three Punjab Police gunmen assigned to Hardeep are being questioned while efforts are on to nab Hardayal alias Mama, an aide of Namdhari, as per the report.
Namdhari was expelled from the BJP following his arrest in connection with the Chattarpur farmhouse shootout, state BJP chief Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Delhi Police have alleged that Namdhari had opened fire at Ponty`s brother Hardeep during the shootout at Chattarpur on November 17 in which both the brothers were killed. However, Namdhari had said that he did not fire at Hardeep.
A pistol allegedly used by him during the shootout at Chadha`s farmhouse in South Delhi has been recovered by investigators from his residence in Uttarakhand.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics