Namdhari was Ponty’s guest days before killings
New Delhi: Sacked Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari was liquor baron Ponty Chandha’s guest for two days before the fatal shootout took place at the latter’s Chhattarpur farmhouse in which the businessman was killed along with his brother Hardeep, it has been reportedly revealed during the former’s interrogation.
Namdhari was asked by Ponty Chadha to come along with his aides after he saw the ‘For Sale’ signboards on the two Delhi farm houses, which were put up by his brother Hardeep Chadha, investigators said, as per a report in The Times of India.
Hardeep’s private security guard Subodh Tyagi and driver Kaushal, a witness to the incident, are being questioned by the Crime Branch. Kaushal reportedly heard the gunshots while he was parking the car after dropping Hardeep at the farmhouse.
Namdhari has been named as the main conspirator in the shootout and the court has sent him to police custody after he was arrested. Witnesses including three Punjab Police gunmen assigned to Hardeep are being questioned while efforts are on to nab Hardayal alias Mama, an aide of Namdhari, as per the report.
Namdhari was expelled from the BJP following his arrest in connection with the Chattarpur farmhouse shootout, state BJP chief Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Delhi Police have alleged that Namdhari had opened fire at Ponty`s brother Hardeep during the shootout at Chattarpur on November 17 in which both the brothers were killed. However, Namdhari had said that he did not fire at Hardeep.
A pistol allegedly used by him during the shootout at Chadha`s farmhouse in South Delhi has been recovered by investigators from his residence in Uttarakhand.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees