‘NaMo Namah’: BJP performs `Bhumi Pujan` at venue for Modi rally
New Delhi: Seeking divine intervention to ensure that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rally here was a success, Delhi BJP today performed `Bhumi Pujan` at the venue at Rohini`s Japanese Park.
Modi, the party`s prime ministerial candidate, is set to address a rally there on September 29.
Party cadre and leaders, including former presidents Mange Ram Garg and Vijender Gupta, accompanied Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel for the ceremony.
Stating that the rally would be a historic one, Goel claimed, "it would be the biggest rally Modi would be addressing. More than 4 lakh people are likely to attend."
"Over the next few days meetings would be held at the mandal and district levels (with an eye on the Modi rally).
"We are already getting a huge response from the youth, unauthorised colonies, JJ clusters and slums," he claimed.
He said victory of the party`s youth wing, ABVP, in the recent DUSU polls and Congress`s rout in the MCD bypolls and the gurdwara polls was an indication as to which way the wind was blowing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state