‘NaMo Namah’: BJP performs `Bhumi Pujan` at venue for Modi rally
New Delhi: Seeking divine intervention to ensure that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rally here was a success, Delhi BJP today performed `Bhumi Pujan` at the venue at Rohini`s Japanese Park.
Modi, the party`s prime ministerial candidate, is set to address a rally there on September 29.
Party cadre and leaders, including former presidents Mange Ram Garg and Vijender Gupta, accompanied Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel for the ceremony.
Stating that the rally would be a historic one, Goel claimed, "it would be the biggest rally Modi would be addressing. More than 4 lakh people are likely to attend."
"Over the next few days meetings would be held at the mandal and district levels (with an eye on the Modi rally).
"We are already getting a huge response from the youth, unauthorised colonies, JJ clusters and slums," he claimed.
He said victory of the party`s youth wing, ABVP, in the recent DUSU polls and Congress`s rout in the MCD bypolls and the gurdwara polls was an indication as to which way the wind was blowing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed