‘NaMo Namah’: BJP performs `Bhumi Pujan` at venue for Modi rally
New Delhi: Seeking divine intervention to ensure that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rally here was a success, Delhi BJP today performed `Bhumi Pujan` at the venue at Rohini`s Japanese Park.
Modi, the party`s prime ministerial candidate, is set to address a rally there on September 29.
Party cadre and leaders, including former presidents Mange Ram Garg and Vijender Gupta, accompanied Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel for the ceremony.
Stating that the rally would be a historic one, Goel claimed, "it would be the biggest rally Modi would be addressing. More than 4 lakh people are likely to attend."
"Over the next few days meetings would be held at the mandal and district levels (with an eye on the Modi rally).
"We are already getting a huge response from the youth, unauthorised colonies, JJ clusters and slums," he claimed.
He said victory of the party`s youth wing, ABVP, in the recent DUSU polls and Congress`s rout in the MCD bypolls and the gurdwara polls was an indication as to which way the wind was blowing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!