Nana Patekar proposes, Raj Thackeray disposes
Mumbai: When a person of the stature of Nana
Patekar suggested a `reunion` of estranged cousins Raj and
Uddhav Thackeray, all were eager to hear what the cousins
themselves had to say.
Speaking at a function in the suburbs on Tuesday night, Patekar
suggested that the Thackeray cousins `come together again` for
the sake of Marathi people.
But on Wednesday, MNS chief Raj Thackeray dismissed the
suggestion, rebuking Patekar for `poking his nose` into
affairs which didn`t concern him.
"I respect Nana, both as an artiste and a person. But one
should not get into the things which one does not understand,"
Raj said, talking to reporters here. "One should not poke his
nose into other things."
"Marathi people have been voting for me in such large
numbers. It is because they like something about us," Raj
Last year, in an initiative called `Mazi Chalval Mi
Maharashtracha` (My Movement, I Belong To Maharashtra), a
senior Shiv Sainik from Worli in central Mumbai had launched a
`Thackeray Jodo` campaign, to bring the cousins together, but
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena to form his own party in
2005, following power struggle between him and Uddhav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'