Naqvi appointed convener of BJP`s poll management cell
New Delhi: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi was on Monday
appointed as convener of BJP`s election management cell for
the forthcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra, Haryana and
The party said Naqvi will be responsible for coordination
with party units of the three states, where elections are
scheduled on October 13.
While BJP has a tie up with Shiv Sena in Maharashtra, it
has decided to go it alone in Haryana after breaking up with
Om Prakash Chautala`s INLD.
Naqvi`s appointment assumes significance as till
recently, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley was
responsible for BJP`s election management and coordination.
Jaitley had come under attack from various quarters of
the party for his handling of BJP`s election campaign in the
Lok Sabha polls where the party faced drubbing.
Party leaders said after becoming leader of the
opposition in Rajya Sabha, it was not possible to give Jaitley
charge of elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way