Naqvi appointed convener of BJP`s poll management cell
New Delhi: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi was on Monday
appointed as convener of BJP`s election management cell for
the forthcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra, Haryana and
The party said Naqvi will be responsible for coordination
with party units of the three states, where elections are
scheduled on October 13.
While BJP has a tie up with Shiv Sena in Maharashtra, it
has decided to go it alone in Haryana after breaking up with
Om Prakash Chautala`s INLD.
Naqvi`s appointment assumes significance as till
recently, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley was
responsible for BJP`s election management and coordination.
Jaitley had come under attack from various quarters of
the party for his handling of BJP`s election campaign in the
Lok Sabha polls where the party faced drubbing.
Party leaders said after becoming leader of the
opposition in Rajya Sabha, it was not possible to give Jaitley
charge of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!