Naqvi gets threatening call after Afzal Guru’s execution, IB to probe
New Delhi: Five days after BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi complained about receiving a threatening call, government on Friday asked the Intelligence Bureau to conduct a probe into it.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who came under attack over the "inaction", told Naqvi this evening that he had asked the IB to investigate the matter, sources said.
The action came five days after Naqvi informed Shinde as well as Home Secretary R K Singh about two calls received by him on February 16 from an international phone number, the BJP leader said.
Naqvi, BJP Vice President who has been vocal against terrorism, said he was warned of dire consequences if he spoke against Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed.
Naqvi said he wrote to the Home Minister, seeking "effective action" on the issue.
The twin blasts in Hyderabad yesterday and the threat call reflect the fact that terror elements are working with nefarious designs in mind to destabilise peace in the country, he said.
"I urge the government to address these issues not casually but with effective and strong mindset. The message should go that no element can destabilise the unity of the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them