Naqvi gets threatening call after Afzal Guru’s execution, IB to probe
New Delhi: Five days after BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi complained about receiving a threatening call, government on Friday asked the Intelligence Bureau to conduct a probe into it.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who came under attack over the "inaction", told Naqvi this evening that he had asked the IB to investigate the matter, sources said.
The action came five days after Naqvi informed Shinde as well as Home Secretary R K Singh about two calls received by him on February 16 from an international phone number, the BJP leader said.
Naqvi, BJP Vice President who has been vocal against terrorism, said he was warned of dire consequences if he spoke against Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed.
Naqvi said he wrote to the Home Minister, seeking "effective action" on the issue.
The twin blasts in Hyderabad yesterday and the threat call reflect the fact that terror elements are working with nefarious designs in mind to destabilise peace in the country, he said.
"I urge the government to address these issues not casually but with effective and strong mindset. The message should go that no element can destabilise the unity of the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...