Naqvi gets threatening call after Afzal Guru’s execution, IB to probe
New Delhi: Five days after BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi complained about receiving a threatening call, government on Friday asked the Intelligence Bureau to conduct a probe into it.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who came under attack over the "inaction", told Naqvi this evening that he had asked the IB to investigate the matter, sources said.
The action came five days after Naqvi informed Shinde as well as Home Secretary R K Singh about two calls received by him on February 16 from an international phone number, the BJP leader said.
Naqvi, BJP Vice President who has been vocal against terrorism, said he was warned of dire consequences if he spoke against Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed.
Naqvi said he wrote to the Home Minister, seeking "effective action" on the issue.
The twin blasts in Hyderabad yesterday and the threat call reflect the fact that terror elements are working with nefarious designs in mind to destabilise peace in the country, he said.
"I urge the government to address these issues not casually but with effective and strong mindset. The message should go that no element can destabilise the unity of the country," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan