Narasimha Rao can`t be forgiven for Babri demolition: AIMPLB
Lucknow: Asserting the Congress and former prime minister PV Narasimha Rao could never be forgiven for the demolition of Babri mosque, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Sunday said the Liberhan Commission overlooked the judicial process in the case of BJP leader AB Vajpayee.
"How can the Congress be forgiven for the demolition of
Babri mosque. Neither the party nor late Rao can be forgiven
for the demolition of the historical structure in Ayodhya,"
said AIMPLB spokesman Maulana Abdul Rahim Quraishi.
The Board had not given any clean chit to Rao, he told
"Narasimha Rao was equally responsible (for the razing of
the mosque) and there is no question of giving him a clean
"Even the Liberhan Commission had not given any clean
chit to Rao in its report," Quraishi, also the Assistant
General Secretary of the Board, said.
On Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who was indicted by the Liberhan
Commission, he said being the leader of the party, he was also
equally responsible for the demolition.
"But technically Vajpayee should have been given a
notice which was not done by the Commission," Quraishi said.
The Commission overlooked the judicial process in the
case of Vajpayee, he said.
On Congress leader Rahul Gandhi praising Vajpayee, the
AIMPLB leader said politicians could change their stance any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'