Narasimha Rao`s son Ranga Rao is dead
Hyderabad: Former prime minister P V Narasimha Rao`s eldest son P V Ranga Rao, a former minister in Andhra Pradesh, died here early Thursday. A bachelor, he was 75 and is survived by two brothers and five sisters.
Family sources said he died of heart-related ailment at his Himayatnagar home. He was not well for the past few months. The last rites will be performed later on Thursday.
A Congress leader, he served as education minister in the cabinet of Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy (1992-94).
He was twice elected to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly from Hanamkonda in Warangal district of Telangana region. He also served as a member of the Legislative Council.
A student of Osmania University here, he became active in the Congress party during the time of Sanjay Gandhi in the mid-1970s.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu and leaders of various political parties have condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border