Narasimha Rao`s son Ranga Rao is dead
Hyderabad: Former prime minister P V Narasimha Rao`s eldest son P V Ranga Rao, a former minister in Andhra Pradesh, died here early Thursday. A bachelor, he was 75 and is survived by two brothers and five sisters.
Family sources said he died of heart-related ailment at his Himayatnagar home. He was not well for the past few months. The last rites will be performed later on Thursday.
A Congress leader, he served as education minister in the cabinet of Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy (1992-94).
He was twice elected to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly from Hanamkonda in Warangal district of Telangana region. He also served as a member of the Legislative Council.
A student of Osmania University here, he became active in the Congress party during the time of Sanjay Gandhi in the mid-1970s.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu and leaders of various political parties have condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review