Narayanasamy defends Shinde, says militancy cannot be ignored
Chennai: Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Minister V Narayanasamy on Tuesday defended remarks made Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Hindu outfits, saying that the BJP’s demand for his resignation is unwarranted.
Talking to reporters in Chennai, Narayanasamy said that militancy prevails in the country and cannot be ignored; however Shinde’s comments did not intend to target a particular community.
“BJP leaders demand for resignation of Shinde is unwarranted. There is terrorism in several parts of the country.”
“Whosoever is involved in terrorism is condemnable. In fact, Malegaon incident and Jama Masjid incident is a clear case of the people who are belonging to a particular community involved in terrorism there and the innocent people were killed and the people who have been arrested was Sadhvi and training camp was found out and eventually Sadhvi was arrested," said Narayanasamy.
Earlier on Sunday, Shinde had said that the BJP and its parent body, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), were recruiting and training Hindu militants.
However, later changing his stance, Shinde clarified that he only quoted newspaper reports to point out growing incidents of saffron militancy in the country.
He added that the Congress Party would not ignore militancy by any group.
“India is a secular country, where whether it is Hindu terrorism or the Islamic fundamental terrorism, both are to be condemned and therefore our Congress party and our government, both condemn both incidents, therefore the BJP telling that there is the violence, terrorism only on one side by Muslims and on Hindu side there is nothing, it is totally unbelievable,” said Narayanasamy.
Shinde also claimed that the BJP uses cultural nationalism to emotionally divide the country, whereas the Congress worked on the policy of consensus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview