Narayanasamy lambasts Narendra Modi`s comments on Cong, PM
Chennai: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday lambasted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his attacks on Congress and the Prime Minister, saying he does not know politics and was being projected by BJP only because that party does not have other leaders.
"Modi does not know politics and is being projected by BJP only because it does not have other leaders. Modi cannot talk about who can become Prime Minister... He cannot talk about Congress. His statements are totally wrong and not based on facts," he told reporters here.
He claimed the Congress-led UPA government was transparent in its functioning and it was only BJP-ruled states like Gujarat which were corrupt.
At the BJP conclave in Delhi today, Modi charged Congress with sacrificing the nation`s interest for the Gandhi family for which Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been appointed a "night watchman".
He hit out at Congress saying its "commission-seeeking" government at the Centre was destroying the nation like a termite and that party`s tradition has been to sacrifice the nation`s interest for the sake of one family.
Narayanasamy said India had not yet formulated its stand over the US-backed resolution against Sri Lanka in the United Nations as it does not know what kind of resolution that country would be moving before the body.
However, India is closely watching the situation and would take a suitable decision when the issue comes up before the body, he said.
"India has not decided on its stand as it does not know what kind of resolution US is expected to move against Sri Lanka in UNHRC. As far as our government is concerned, the Prime Minister is watching the situation and at that time (when the issue comes), a decision will be taken," he said.
His remarks come in the backdrop of demands by political parties in Tamil Nadu that the Centre support the resolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'