Narayanasamy lambasts Pondy govt; lauds Jayalalith
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO and Congress leader V Narayanasamy on Sunday lauded the Jayalalithaa-led government in Tamil Nadu for taking "prompt" steps to help farmers in the Cauvery Delta region and attacked Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy for failure to do so.
While the Tamil Nadu government had acted "fast" by taking prompt steps by inviting the Central team to review the situation in water-starved delta districts and to allocate funds to rehabilitate farmers, Rangasamy had allegedly done nothing to save the farmers of Karaikal, he told reporters.
The farmers of Karaikal, which lies at the tail end of the Cauvery river system, were in misery in view of lack of water for irrigation. Even after representation for relief no action plan had allegedly been evolved, adding insult to injury, he said.
He also took strong exception to the suspension of production in the government-run AFT mills and also to sell land belonging to the mill in Pattanur village in neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
"The Chief Minister should approach the Centre for assistance and funds would be available without delay," he said while asking the Puducherry government to refrain from its current "anti-labour" practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer