Narayanasamy requests Karnataka to release water
Chennai: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday appealed to Karnataka Government to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu on humanitarian grounds considering the plight of farmers whose crops were withering.
"I request the Karnataka government to act and release water on humanitarian grounds," he told reporters when asked about alleged suicides of some farmers in Cauvery delta districts in Tamil Nadu.
On Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the delay in issuance of Digital Addressable System licence to Arasu Cable TV Corporation, he said he had personally spoken to Singh and the Information and Broadcasting Minister and hoped to have a discussion with all stakeholders and arrive at a solution soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS