Narayanasamy requests Karnataka to release water
Chennai: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday appealed to Karnataka Government to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu on humanitarian grounds considering the plight of farmers whose crops were withering.
"I request the Karnataka government to act and release water on humanitarian grounds," he told reporters when asked about alleged suicides of some farmers in Cauvery delta districts in Tamil Nadu.
On Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the delay in issuance of Digital Addressable System licence to Arasu Cable TV Corporation, he said he had personally spoken to Singh and the Information and Broadcasting Minister and hoped to have a discussion with all stakeholders and arrive at a solution soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch