Narayanasamy rules out another Kargil
New Delhi: Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy on Thursday ruled out chances of another Kargil-like war with Pakistan.
Asked if the increase in infiltration attempts and violations of ceasefire may lead to another Kargil like war, the minister said: "Don`t imagine things."
"Infiltration is not there. Our Army officers have made it very clear that in Jammu and Kashmir they foiled the attempt of infiltration by gentry of the militants," Narayanasamy told reporters here.
The Indian Army on Wednesday foiled what is described as the largest bid this year to infiltrate into the Kashmir Valley by 30 militants from across the Line of Control (LoC) in the Keran sector of Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On September 26, four soldiers, six policemen and two civilians were killed in Jammu and Kashmir in an audacious terror attack that also left three militants presumably from Pakistan dead.
A violation of ceasefire was also recorded on September 27 in Rajouri district of Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed