Narayanasamy rules out another Kargil
New Delhi: Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy on Thursday ruled out chances of another Kargil-like war with Pakistan.
Asked if the increase in infiltration attempts and violations of ceasefire may lead to another Kargil like war, the minister said: "Don`t imagine things."
"Infiltration is not there. Our Army officers have made it very clear that in Jammu and Kashmir they foiled the attempt of infiltration by gentry of the militants," Narayanasamy told reporters here.
The Indian Army on Wednesday foiled what is described as the largest bid this year to infiltrate into the Kashmir Valley by 30 militants from across the Line of Control (LoC) in the Keran sector of Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On September 26, four soldiers, six policemen and two civilians were killed in Jammu and Kashmir in an audacious terror attack that also left three militants presumably from Pakistan dead.
A violation of ceasefire was also recorded on September 27 in Rajouri district of Jammu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory