Narayanasamy rules out formal talks with visiting Pak PM
Chennai: Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) V Narayanasamy on Saturday ruled out any formal talks with Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, who is presently on a day-long personal visit to India to offer prayers at the Ajmer Sharif Dargah.
"It is their decision. No talks will be held that`s what the Foreign Affairs Minister has said, he will host him lunch and when the Pakistan Prime Minister comes for the prayer in dargah, he will have a prayer and then he will go," said Narayanasamy, when asked that the dargah diwan of Ajmer shrine, Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, has said that he would not assist the Pakistani Prime Minister in prayers as a mark of protest over the mutilation of the bodies of the two Indian soldiers.
"The honourable Prime Minister has also said that there will be no formal talks with Pakistan because lot of terrorism is escalating from their side," he added.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who hosted lunch for the visiting dignitary at the Rambhagh Palace hotel in Jaipur, drew sharp criticism from the leaders of various opposition parties and defence experts over his move.
The dargah diwan of Ajmer shrine earlier on Friday said that he was opposed to the visit by the Pakistani Prime Minister in the wake of the January 2013 beheading of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
On the eve of the Ashraf`s visit, Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh made it clear that normalisation of relations with Pakistan cannot take place unless the terror infrastructure there is dismantled.
Dr Singh said India has made sincere efforts to normalise its relations with Pakistan.
The dialogue process between the two Asian neighbours was impacted by ceasefire violations on the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in January this year with India lodging a strong protest over the brutal killing of two of its soldiers in the Poonch sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey