Narendra Modi a `3D` leader, claims Venkaiah Naidu
Patna: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday described BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a `3D leader`.
"Modi is a 3D leader as he is decisive, dynamic and represents development ... The BJP-led NDA will definitely sweep the next general elections riding on a strong undercurrent blowing in its favour in the entire country," Naidu told reporters here.
He claimed that Modi`s 3D credentials were in contrast to the incumbent government and its leadership which lacked trust of the people.
On the controversy arising out Modi`s toilet over temple remarks, he said that BJP political rivals, particularly Union Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh had twisted the Gujarat chief minister`s comments for political benefit, but the controversy settled down in the end.
Referring to BJP`s electoral prospects in Bihar, he said that the state with 40 Lok Sabha seats was for its taking after the JD(U) was seen warming up to the Congress recently.
The former BJP president attacked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for pulling out the JD(U) from the NDA to protest Modi`s elevation four months ago.
He said that the BJP had not promised Kumar that his Gujarat counterpart would not be made the prime ministerial candidate.
On the chief minister accusing the BJP of jettisoning anti-Congress unity, he said that it was Kumar and his party which have compromised their anti-Congress politics.
Naidu expressed amusement at the chief minister thanking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for giving him a certificate for being a secular leader.
On the BJP wooing the TDP to join the NDA, he said that the issue has not been discussed at any level in the party.
The political equations at the national level will definitely change in the run up to the next general elections and after, the senior BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- It's so simple! Watch how to get ready sans make-up
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic