Narendra Modi a `3D` leader, claims Venkaiah Naidu
Patna: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday described BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a `3D leader`.
"Modi is a 3D leader as he is decisive, dynamic and represents development ... The BJP-led NDA will definitely sweep the next general elections riding on a strong undercurrent blowing in its favour in the entire country," Naidu told reporters here.
He claimed that Modi`s 3D credentials were in contrast to the incumbent government and its leadership which lacked trust of the people.
On the controversy arising out Modi`s toilet over temple remarks, he said that BJP political rivals, particularly Union Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh had twisted the Gujarat chief minister`s comments for political benefit, but the controversy settled down in the end.
Referring to BJP`s electoral prospects in Bihar, he said that the state with 40 Lok Sabha seats was for its taking after the JD(U) was seen warming up to the Congress recently.
The former BJP president attacked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for pulling out the JD(U) from the NDA to protest Modi`s elevation four months ago.
He said that the BJP had not promised Kumar that his Gujarat counterpart would not be made the prime ministerial candidate.
On the chief minister accusing the BJP of jettisoning anti-Congress unity, he said that it was Kumar and his party which have compromised their anti-Congress politics.
Naidu expressed amusement at the chief minister thanking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for giving him a certificate for being a secular leader.
On the BJP wooing the TDP to join the NDA, he said that the issue has not been discussed at any level in the party.
The political equations at the national level will definitely change in the run up to the next general elections and after, the senior BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand