Narendra Modi a `blot of Godhra`: Beni Prasad
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday described Narendra Modi as a "blot of Godhra".
He also alleged hundreds of people from Gujarat came to Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh and indulged in rioting.
Verma told reporters that Uttar Pradesh government protected the rioters as both BJP and Samajwadi Party were in "collusion".
Referring to Modi`s speech in Jhansi today, he said, "I heard the speech of `blot of Godhra` (Modi). He was preaching but is not looking inward. Riots, which happened in Muzaffarnagar, in my knowledge, were much worse than Godhra. Hundreds of people from Gujarat came there, indulged in rioting and arson."
Defending Rahul Gandhi`s statement yesterday that Pakistani intelligence agency was trying to lure Muzaffarnagar riot victims, Verma said "he should get awards and accolades for speaking straight from the heart. He does not hide anything, there is no place for secrecy in democracy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan