Narendra Modi a `blot of Godhra`: Beni Prasad
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday described Narendra Modi as a "blot of Godhra".
He also alleged hundreds of people from Gujarat came to Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh and indulged in rioting.
Verma told reporters that Uttar Pradesh government protected the rioters as both BJP and Samajwadi Party were in "collusion".
Referring to Modi`s speech in Jhansi today, he said, "I heard the speech of `blot of Godhra` (Modi). He was preaching but is not looking inward. Riots, which happened in Muzaffarnagar, in my knowledge, were much worse than Godhra. Hundreds of people from Gujarat came there, indulged in rioting and arson."
Defending Rahul Gandhi`s statement yesterday that Pakistani intelligence agency was trying to lure Muzaffarnagar riot victims, Verma said "he should get awards and accolades for speaking straight from the heart. He does not hide anything, there is no place for secrecy in democracy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli