Narendra Modi a factor for BJP not Congress: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking potshots at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday said that the Bharatiya Janaat Party (BJP) leader is not a factor for his party.
Speaking to a news agency, the Congress leader said that Modi is not a factor for the Congress party and is only a factor in the media and in the BJP.
Commenting on the issue of some senior BJP leaders skipping National Executive meet in Goa, the Congress general secretary said, “I would hope that whoever is ill recuperates soon, politics aside, personally we wish everyone is healthy.”
“Firstly, we have nothing to do with BJP, would want it (BJP) to stay ill,” Digvijay further said.
At the three-day conclave in Goa, which got underway on Friday, the absence of the leaders was made up by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, whose arrival in Goa resulted in a section of the BJP leadership playing cheerleaders for him.
Insiders in the BJP camp have tipped Modi to be appointed the head of the party`s campaign committee. A decision on this, which was likely to be taken on Friday, has now been deferred and can be taken on Sunday.
While BJP leaders have been showering praise on Modi and his potential to lead the party on the national stage, others have lashed out at their over-enthusiasm.
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar on Friday had said that Narendra Modi was all about hype.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends