Narendra Modi a factor for BJP not Congress: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking potshots at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday said that the Bharatiya Janaat Party (BJP) leader is not a factor for his party.
Speaking to a news agency, the Congress leader said that Modi is not a factor for the Congress party and is only a factor in the media and in the BJP.
Commenting on the issue of some senior BJP leaders skipping National Executive meet in Goa, the Congress general secretary said, “I would hope that whoever is ill recuperates soon, politics aside, personally we wish everyone is healthy.”
“Firstly, we have nothing to do with BJP, would want it (BJP) to stay ill,” Digvijay further said.
At the three-day conclave in Goa, which got underway on Friday, the absence of the leaders was made up by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, whose arrival in Goa resulted in a section of the BJP leadership playing cheerleaders for him.
Insiders in the BJP camp have tipped Modi to be appointed the head of the party`s campaign committee. A decision on this, which was likely to be taken on Friday, has now been deferred and can be taken on Sunday.
While BJP leaders have been showering praise on Modi and his potential to lead the party on the national stage, others have lashed out at their over-enthusiasm.
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar on Friday had said that Narendra Modi was all about hype.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail