Narendra Modi a factor for BJP not Congress: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking potshots at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday said that the Bharatiya Janaat Party (BJP) leader is not a factor for his party.
Speaking to a news agency, the Congress leader said that Modi is not a factor for the Congress party and is only a factor in the media and in the BJP.
Commenting on the issue of some senior BJP leaders skipping National Executive meet in Goa, the Congress general secretary said, “I would hope that whoever is ill recuperates soon, politics aside, personally we wish everyone is healthy.”
“Firstly, we have nothing to do with BJP, would want it (BJP) to stay ill,” Digvijay further said.
At the three-day conclave in Goa, which got underway on Friday, the absence of the leaders was made up by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, whose arrival in Goa resulted in a section of the BJP leadership playing cheerleaders for him.
Insiders in the BJP camp have tipped Modi to be appointed the head of the party`s campaign committee. A decision on this, which was likely to be taken on Friday, has now been deferred and can be taken on Sunday.
While BJP leaders have been showering praise on Modi and his potential to lead the party on the national stage, others have lashed out at their over-enthusiasm.
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar on Friday had said that Narendra Modi was all about hype.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority