Narendra Modi `a servant of God`: Kerala Catholic Journal
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Thiruvananthapuram: Popular Christian publication Sunday Shalom has described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as `a servant of God` and termed his victory in Lok Sabha elections as God’s decision.
In an editorial, Benny Punnathara, chief editor of the broadsheet journal, tells the followers that nothing happens without God’s knowledge and God obviously wanted Modi as the Prime Minister of India.
Explaining how a Christian believer should perceive Modi`s victory, Punnathara, a noted evangelist, writes that Christians in India must have prayed for a good government during the last general elections.
Quoting the holy scriptures, the editorial says: “According to the Bible, all the powers are coming from the Almighty and hence all the heavenly powers should be respected. Nothing in this universe happens without the knowledge and permission of God. Hence, Narendra Modi’s victory too is with the knowledge and permission of God,”, adding that “God will have a plan, if it is permitted by God.”
The editorial while accepting that many believers would have been upset to that their prayers for a secular government were not reciprocated by God and that they might have not expected Narendra Modi to become Prime Minister of India.
“God can act through anyone. Even those who we perceive as our enemies can bless us,” it said, adding that the defeat of the Congress was essential for Indian democracy as when the same party repeatedly remains in power, it is quite natural that corruption creeps in.
Exhorting readers to extend support to Prime Minister Modi, the editorial says that it is the duty of each and every believer of Christ to support the Narendra Modi Government in his/her prayers.
The Sunday Shalom is part of the group based at Peruvannamoozhy near Kozhikode, that also owns Christian devotional TV channel Shalom TV.
Although it is not officially affiliated, the Shalom group enjoys the support of the Catholic Church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray