Narendra Modi a threat to democracy: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi on Tuesday dubbed Narendra Modi as a "threat to Indian democracy" claiming that if the BJP leader becomes Prime Minister, it would be the "last general election in democratic India".
"... In case he takes over the country in 2014, it may be the last general election in democratic India because he does not believe in democracy. RSS does not have faith in democracy. He is a threat to Indian democracy", Alvi, a known critic of Modi, said on a day the Gujarat Chief Minister celebrated his 64th birthday.
He said Modi`s anointment as PM candidate showed that the decisions of BJP are being taken by the RSS, which controls it.
"RSS publicly issues a statement that they have given a direction to BJP to announce Modi as candidate for Prime Ministership. It is the RSS which takes decisions of the BJP without considering what majority of the leaders of BJP want.
"... RSS does not believe in democracy and is a fascist organisation beyond doubt. Modi is true representative of the RSS. He will continue to be the Prime Minister in waiting for 10 years like L K Advani," he said.
Alvi also claimed that senior leaders of BJP know very well that Modi does not believe in democracy, "but unfortunately it is not possible for them to speak out being members of BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'