Narendra Modi a threat to democracy: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi on Tuesday dubbed Narendra Modi as a "threat to Indian democracy" claiming that if the BJP leader becomes Prime Minister, it would be the "last general election in democratic India".
"... In case he takes over the country in 2014, it may be the last general election in democratic India because he does not believe in democracy. RSS does not have faith in democracy. He is a threat to Indian democracy", Alvi, a known critic of Modi, said on a day the Gujarat Chief Minister celebrated his 64th birthday.
He said Modi`s anointment as PM candidate showed that the decisions of BJP are being taken by the RSS, which controls it.
"RSS publicly issues a statement that they have given a direction to BJP to announce Modi as candidate for Prime Ministership. It is the RSS which takes decisions of the BJP without considering what majority of the leaders of BJP want.
"... RSS does not believe in democracy and is a fascist organisation beyond doubt. Modi is true representative of the RSS. He will continue to be the Prime Minister in waiting for 10 years like L K Advani," he said.
Alvi also claimed that senior leaders of BJP know very well that Modi does not believe in democracy, "but unfortunately it is not possible for them to speak out being members of BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India