Narendra Modi a threat to democracy: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi on Tuesday dubbed Narendra Modi as a "threat to Indian democracy" claiming that if the BJP leader becomes Prime Minister, it would be the "last general election in democratic India".
"... In case he takes over the country in 2014, it may be the last general election in democratic India because he does not believe in democracy. RSS does not have faith in democracy. He is a threat to Indian democracy", Alvi, a known critic of Modi, said on a day the Gujarat Chief Minister celebrated his 64th birthday.
He said Modi`s anointment as PM candidate showed that the decisions of BJP are being taken by the RSS, which controls it.
"RSS publicly issues a statement that they have given a direction to BJP to announce Modi as candidate for Prime Ministership. It is the RSS which takes decisions of the BJP without considering what majority of the leaders of BJP want.
"... RSS does not believe in democracy and is a fascist organisation beyond doubt. Modi is true representative of the RSS. He will continue to be the Prime Minister in waiting for 10 years like L K Advani," he said.
Alvi also claimed that senior leaders of BJP know very well that Modi does not believe in democracy, "but unfortunately it is not possible for them to speak out being members of BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali