Narendra Modi accepts Barack Obama`s invite, seeks result-oriented visit
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns delivered President Barack Obama’s invitation to visit Washington to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday.
The Prime Minister has accepted the invitation. Sources said that Modi told the visiting dignitary that he looks forward to a result oriented visit with concrete outcome that imparts new momentum to strategic partnership.
Modi is scheduled to visit US in September for the UN General Assembly in New York. Following the Obama invite, Modi will head to Washington to hold summit meeting with the US President to take the India-US relationship forward. The duo will meet on September 30.
Burns had met Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, yesterday, and discussed the bilateral ties between the two countries.
"As the world`s two largest democracies and two largest economies, the US and India shares an interest in each other`s success. The success in our partnership can contribute enormously to a safer and prosperous world," said Burns after the meeting.
"President Barack Obama looks forward to Prime Minister`s visit to US in September, which is a very valuable opportunity to renew strategic partnership between our two countries," he said.
"It is a very valuable opportunity to renew the strategic partnership between our two countries. It`s an opportunity to renew our mutual determination to spur economic growth," said Burns.
The visiting US official said Modi-led BJP has won a very a strong mandate to invigorate India`s development and its rise on the world stage.
"America has deep stake in India`s success and PM Modi`s success. As the world`s two largest democracies and two of world`s largest economies, USA and India share stake in each other`s success in each. Our partnership can contribute enormously to a safer world," he said.
The top US diplomat also held bilateral meetings with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!