Narendra Modi accuses Congress of double-talk on Lokpal issue
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi yet again tore into the Congress party at his ‘Shankhnaad Rally’ in the Uttarakhand capital on Sunday.
He mocked Rahul Gandhi`s advocacy of Lokpal Bill, saying if his heart really aches for it why Congress was not implementing Lokayukta Act brought in by the previous BJP government in Uttarakhand.
Modi said, “Congress’ arrogance is sky high. One of their leaders was talking about the Lokpal. Under BC Khanduri ji Uttarakhand took a landmark decision. A law was made, for which Anna Hazare even lauded the former BJP chief minister. If Lokpal is so dear to you, then why have you not let it get implemented in Uttarakhand?”
Drafted at a time when Anna Hazare`s agitation for a Lokpal Bill was at its peak, Uttarakhand Lokayukta Bill was passed unanimously by the state Assembly on November 1, 2011 after Khanduri took over the reins in the state for a second time in September, 2011.
Though given presidential ascent after a two year wait in September this year, the Act is yet to be implemented in Uttarakhand as chief minister Vijay Bahuguna wants to bring it into force only after certain amendments.
Uttarakhand Lokayukta Act brings under its ambit the chief minister, ministers, MLAs and bureaucrats among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed