Narendra Modi accuses Congress of double-talk on Lokpal issue
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi yet again tore into the Congress party at his ‘Shankhnaad Rally’ in the Uttarakhand capital on Sunday.
He mocked Rahul Gandhi`s advocacy of Lokpal Bill, saying if his heart really aches for it why Congress was not implementing Lokayukta Act brought in by the previous BJP government in Uttarakhand.
Modi said, “Congress’ arrogance is sky high. One of their leaders was talking about the Lokpal. Under BC Khanduri ji Uttarakhand took a landmark decision. A law was made, for which Anna Hazare even lauded the former BJP chief minister. If Lokpal is so dear to you, then why have you not let it get implemented in Uttarakhand?”
Drafted at a time when Anna Hazare`s agitation for a Lokpal Bill was at its peak, Uttarakhand Lokayukta Bill was passed unanimously by the state Assembly on November 1, 2011 after Khanduri took over the reins in the state for a second time in September, 2011.
Though given presidential ascent after a two year wait in September this year, the Act is yet to be implemented in Uttarakhand as chief minister Vijay Bahuguna wants to bring it into force only after certain amendments.
Uttarakhand Lokayukta Act brings under its ambit the chief minister, ministers, MLAs and bureaucrats among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie