Narendra Modi & Nawaz Sharif`s sand sculpture at Puri beach
Puri: Renowned sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik on Sunday created a sand sculpture of Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi and Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif with a message "Peace gets a chance" at Puri beach of Odisha.
On the invitation of Modi, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is slated to visit New Delhi to attend the swearing-in ceremony.
"I would like to congratulate Modiji for his good initiative to invite the Pakistani Prime minister. We hope it will create a good relation between the two neighbouring countries," Sudarshan Pattnaik said.
Hoping for improved ties with Pakistan, Sudarsan has created the 5ft sand sculpture of both the leaders with national flags of the two countries.
The internationally acclaimed artist said he used about 6 tons of sand with some colour sand and took 4 hours to complete the job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'