Narendra Modi as PM candidate: UPA`s governance is far sighted, says Chidambaram
Sivaganga: Mounting an apparent veiled attack on the governance plank of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said while the UPA was implementing far sighted projects others were sowing hatred and dividing the people.
"There are two types of governance. While we are peacefully implementing far sighted and forward looking schemes that will benefit the future generations there is another type which sows hatred and divides the people. They support one group of people, and try to suppress others," he said without mentioning name of any party or person.
He was participating at an "Education Loan Mela",organised by the Bankers` Coordination Committee here.
He also said the impact of the education, being given on large scale now, would be felt only after ten years.
The Government wanted to help those who were involved in the nation building activities whether constructing roads or houses.
Education loan had benefited backward class people in a big way he said, adding sons of barbers, building workers, panchayat clerks among others had been covered under it.
Stating that Tamil Nadu was among the states which benefited most by the scheme, he said "Any state where Education Loan had been given to a large number of students will definitely be an advanced state in the coming years."
There was a time when only a section of the people could become officers, judges etc. Now a Backward class person had become a Supreme Court Judge, Chidambaram.
The Finance Minister said banks should give help all those who had applied for loan in the Mela, and should not give lame excuses like jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!