Narendra Modi as PM candidate: UPA`s governance is far sighted, says Chidambaram
Sivaganga: Mounting an apparent veiled attack on the governance plank of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said while the UPA was implementing far sighted projects others were sowing hatred and dividing the people.
"There are two types of governance. While we are peacefully implementing far sighted and forward looking schemes that will benefit the future generations there is another type which sows hatred and divides the people. They support one group of people, and try to suppress others," he said without mentioning name of any party or person.
He was participating at an "Education Loan Mela",organised by the Bankers` Coordination Committee here.
He also said the impact of the education, being given on large scale now, would be felt only after ten years.
The Government wanted to help those who were involved in the nation building activities whether constructing roads or houses.
Education loan had benefited backward class people in a big way he said, adding sons of barbers, building workers, panchayat clerks among others had been covered under it.
Stating that Tamil Nadu was among the states which benefited most by the scheme, he said "Any state where Education Loan had been given to a large number of students will definitely be an advanced state in the coming years."
There was a time when only a section of the people could become officers, judges etc. Now a Backward class person had become a Supreme Court Judge, Chidambaram.
The Finance Minister said banks should give help all those who had applied for loan in the Mela, and should not give lame excuses like jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read