Narendra Modi as PM? Will be elated, says LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Ahmedabad: Putting to rest the speculations of a rift, veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani on Wednesday praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and said that he will be happy if the latter becomes the next prime minister of India.
"I will be proud if Modi becomes the next prime minister of the country," Advani said.
Advani made the remark while sharing dais with Modi at the inauguration of Institute of Infrastructure, Research and Management (IIT RAM) in Ahmedabad today.
Advani also said that by setting up a of its kind infrastructure institute (IITRAM) in Gujarat, Modi has set an example.
This is the first time that Advani has publicly endorsed Modi as party`s PM candidate.
The praise being heaped by the senior BJP leader on Modi is an indication that the cold vibes between them is a thing of the past.
The veteran leader also said that the work that Modi has done in Gujarat is being appreciated all over the world. He also said that the Gujarat CM is a leader who is always doing something new.
This is the first time that both the leaders are sharing a dais in Gujarat after Advani was reportedly unhappy about Modi being elevated as the party`s PM candidate for 2014 General Elections. A sulking Advani had stayed away from the Parliamentary Board meeting in Delhi when the decision on Modi was taken.
However, after being appointed as the PM candidate, Modi had visited Advani at his residence.
Meanwhile, Modi decided to turn Advani`s Gujarat visit into a grand affair. According to reports, Modi has asked the state authorities to ensure that the party patriarch gets a red-carpet welcome in the state.
They had shared the dais in Bhopal earlier this month but even there the ties between the two leaders were far from being warm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!