Narendra Modi asks BJP workers to yank out Congress from helm
Ahmedabad: Firing a fresh salvo at Congress-led UPA government, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday appealed to BJP workers to yank out the ruling party from the Centre in upcoming elections.
Addressing the state BJP executive meeting in Gandhinagar, the party`s election campaign committee chief alleged that nine years of UPA rule has brought only frustration and disappointment among people of India.
"To restore self-confidence and faith, we have to make our country `Congress free` and for that we all have to start working zealously from today," he said in his address.
"How can Congress party which itself is mired in many problems and struggling to survive will be able to lead our country?" Modi questioned.
In his address, senior party leader and incharge of Gujarat BJP, Om Mathur accused the Union Government of applying double standards towards Gujarat and appealed to party leaders to win all 26 Lok Sabha seats in the state in 2014 general elections.
BJP adopted a resolution chalking out strategy for winning the polls at the meeting.
The resolution said the Congress-led UPA government has failed on all fronts.
As a result of this people of the country are tired of overall `mismanagement` and `misdirected` economic policies and corruption of this government, the resolution said.
It also asked all executive members to "immediately and zealously" start working towards strengthening state party organisation till the booth level.
BJP has decided to work pro-actively at the booth level in urban areas and has also formed a new `Shakti Kendra` (power centre) in rural areas in all 182 Assembly constituencies as part of its preparedness for the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends