Narendra Modi believes in violence, not humility: Congress MP
Chhattarpur: Senior Congress leader and MP Satyavrat Chaturvedi on Sunday alleged that BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi believes in `violence` and not `humility`.
"By levelling shallow allegations, if Modi, who believes in violence and not in humility, thinks that BJP would come to power, he is mistaken. Voters have already taught them a lesson twice, first in 2004 and in 2008," Chaturvedi told reporters at his residence.
The senior Congress leader termed poll surveys predicting doom for Congress as incorrect and "totally sponsored."
Chaturvedi, who has dropped hints on a number of occasions in the past regarding Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia as the future Chief Minister of MP, said the Chief Minister would be selected by elected MLAs.
He said dissidence is more in ruling BJP than in Congress and also expressed confidence that rebels who have filed their nominations against official Congress candidates would withdraw from the fray by tomorrow.
Appealing to the rebels to work for a Congress victory in the coming assembly polls, Chaturvedi said even his son was not fielded by Congress and that the party is bigger than any individual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested