Narendra Modi calls for zero tolerance policy toward Naxalism
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has termed the Naxal attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh as gruesome, and said that the government needed to adopt a zero tolerance policy towards terrorism and Naxalism.
"Attack on Congress leaders in Darbha Ghati as gruesome, Government should adopt zero tolerance policy towards terrorism and Naxalism," Modi said.
BJP president Rajnath Singh also condemned the attack, saying that the fight against Naxalism and terrorism should be undertaken by all rising above partisan politics.
At least 25 people, including senior Congress leader Nand Kumar Patel, Mahendra Karma, were killed and former union minister V C Shukla and others injured when heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders inside a dense forest in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
The body of Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, who was kidnapped along with his son after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders, was found on Sunday in a forest in Bastar district. The body has been spotted near Darba Gati Valley, police said.
Maoists had kidnapped Patel and his son Dinesh after attacking the convoy of Congress leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy