Narendra Modi can convert crowds into votes like Vajpayee: BJP
Mumbai: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi has the capability to convert crowds into votes like its former party chief and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Mumbai city BJP chief Ashish Shelar said here on Friday.
"Like Vajpayee, Modi is also a crowd puller and has the capability to convert crowds into votes," Shelar told reporters in an interactive session organised by the Marathi Patrakar Sangh.
Shelar said that the city unit of the party would launch a new software platform to connect to Modi with the help of social media websites.
Informing that all BJP bigwigs would hold public meetings to entice voters in Maharashtra, he said that party president Rajnath Singh would visit the city on September 14.
"Rajnath Singh will also meet Ganesh mandals during his visit. Besides Singh, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will also visit the city later next month," he said.
In October, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley will visit the city to talk about the issue of Kashmir, Shelar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption