Narendra Modi can convert crowds into votes like Vajpayee: BJP
Mumbai: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi has the capability to convert crowds into votes like its former party chief and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Mumbai city BJP chief Ashish Shelar said here on Friday.
"Like Vajpayee, Modi is also a crowd puller and has the capability to convert crowds into votes," Shelar told reporters in an interactive session organised by the Marathi Patrakar Sangh.
Shelar said that the city unit of the party would launch a new software platform to connect to Modi with the help of social media websites.
Informing that all BJP bigwigs would hold public meetings to entice voters in Maharashtra, he said that party president Rajnath Singh would visit the city on September 14.
"Rajnath Singh will also meet Ganesh mandals during his visit. Besides Singh, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will also visit the city later next month," he said.
In October, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley will visit the city to talk about the issue of Kashmir, Shelar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan