Narendra Modi can convert crowds into votes like Vajpayee: BJP
Mumbai: Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s campaign committee chief Narendra Modi has the capability to convert crowds into votes like its former party chief and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Mumbai city BJP chief Ashish Shelar said here on Friday.
"Like Vajpayee, Modi is also a crowd puller and has the capability to convert crowds into votes," Shelar told reporters in an interactive session organised by the Marathi Patrakar Sangh.
Shelar said that the city unit of the party would launch a new software platform to connect to Modi with the help of social media websites.
Informing that all BJP bigwigs would hold public meetings to entice voters in Maharashtra, he said that party president Rajnath Singh would visit the city on September 14.
"Rajnath Singh will also meet Ganesh mandals during his visit. Besides Singh, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will also visit the city later next month," he said.
In October, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley will visit the city to talk about the issue of Kashmir, Shelar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO