Narendra Modi can never be PM: Anand Sharma
Shimla: Union Commerce Minister Anand Sharma Sunday slammed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for bringing the "level of political debate to the lowest ebb" and asserted he will never become prime minister.
"The recent drama of Modi addressing the people with the Red Fort replica (in his backdrop) is befooling the people by boasting about his Gujarat model of development," Sharma told reporters here.
"He can never become the prime minister of India," he added.
Sharma was in Shimla Sunday to hold consultations with Himachal government functionaries on industrial development projects, especially those related to the ministries of commerce and industries.
Taking a jibe at Modi, he said: "Unfortunately for Modi and fortunately for people of India, the people would never give him a chance to address the country from the Red Fort. He would have to satisfy himself by addressing the people from replicas of the Red Fort."
Sharma, while quoting Reserve Bank of India`s data, said out of total FDI worth $.296 billion that came to country between 2000 and 2013, the FDI investment in Gujarat was a meager $.8.5 billion, far below the claims of Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list