Narendra Modi can say anything, who will stop him?: Shinde
Daman: Apropos Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comments on Sarabjit Singh issue, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said nobody can stop the BJP leader from speaking, but "speaking without knowing the facts" was wrong.
"Modi-ji can speak anything, who will stop him? But anybody speaking without knowing the facts is wrong," Shinde said here, when asked about Modi`s criticism of UPA government`s foreign policy over the issue of Sarabjit Singh, the Indian convict who was assaulted at Lahore jail yesterday.
Modi today called Centre "weak" and said it had suffered a "total blackout" in foreign policy, and failed on all fronts, which was reflected in incident at Lahore.
Shinde was in the union territory here to lay foundation stone of its first police training school.
He also took on Modi on the condition of roads, saying, "Modi talks about development, but condition of Gujarat roads between Daman and Dadra Nagar-Haveli is indicator of the development. They are in very bad shape, and home ministry will write a letter to Gujarat government on the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH