Narendra Modi can say anything, who will stop him?: Shinde
Daman: Apropos Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comments on Sarabjit Singh issue, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said nobody can stop the BJP leader from speaking, but "speaking without knowing the facts" was wrong.
"Modi-ji can speak anything, who will stop him? But anybody speaking without knowing the facts is wrong," Shinde said here, when asked about Modi`s criticism of UPA government`s foreign policy over the issue of Sarabjit Singh, the Indian convict who was assaulted at Lahore jail yesterday.
Modi today called Centre "weak" and said it had suffered a "total blackout" in foreign policy, and failed on all fronts, which was reflected in incident at Lahore.
Shinde was in the union territory here to lay foundation stone of its first police training school.
He also took on Modi on the condition of roads, saying, "Modi talks about development, but condition of Gujarat roads between Daman and Dadra Nagar-Haveli is indicator of the development. They are in very bad shape, and home ministry will write a letter to Gujarat government on the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch