Narendra Modi can say anything, who will stop him?: Shinde
Daman: Apropos Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comments on Sarabjit Singh issue, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said nobody can stop the BJP leader from speaking, but "speaking without knowing the facts" was wrong.
"Modi-ji can speak anything, who will stop him? But anybody speaking without knowing the facts is wrong," Shinde said here, when asked about Modi`s criticism of UPA government`s foreign policy over the issue of Sarabjit Singh, the Indian convict who was assaulted at Lahore jail yesterday.
Modi today called Centre "weak" and said it had suffered a "total blackout" in foreign policy, and failed on all fronts, which was reflected in incident at Lahore.
Shinde was in the union territory here to lay foundation stone of its first police training school.
He also took on Modi on the condition of roads, saying, "Modi talks about development, but condition of Gujarat roads between Daman and Dadra Nagar-Haveli is indicator of the development. They are in very bad shape, and home ministry will write a letter to Gujarat government on the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt