Narendra Modi can say anything, who will stop him?: Shinde
Daman: Apropos Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comments on Sarabjit Singh issue, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said nobody can stop the BJP leader from speaking, but "speaking without knowing the facts" was wrong.
"Modi-ji can speak anything, who will stop him? But anybody speaking without knowing the facts is wrong," Shinde said here, when asked about Modi`s criticism of UPA government`s foreign policy over the issue of Sarabjit Singh, the Indian convict who was assaulted at Lahore jail yesterday.
Modi today called Centre "weak" and said it had suffered a "total blackout" in foreign policy, and failed on all fronts, which was reflected in incident at Lahore.
Shinde was in the union territory here to lay foundation stone of its first police training school.
He also took on Modi on the condition of roads, saying, "Modi talks about development, but condition of Gujarat roads between Daman and Dadra Nagar-Haveli is indicator of the development. They are in very bad shape, and home ministry will write a letter to Gujarat government on the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley